FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a Winery Profile Page on TheWineBuyingGuide?
- Does TheWineBuyingGuide have eBooks, and how do I download them?
- What are some other food and wine resources?
- Do your sites contain any paid content?
- Why do I see a pop-down when I visit TheWineBuyingGuide?
- Why Can't I Log In to TheWineBuyingGuide?
- Why am I Seeing Advertisements on TheWineBuyingGuide?
- How do I allow or block browser push notifications?
Working with Us
How can I work with you/learn more?
There are plenty of ways that we can work together! To learn more about everything we do, and other ways to join our community visit our About Us page.
How do I Use My Wine?
My Wine is a neat tool that allows you to save your favorite wines from TheWineBuyingGuide.com and store them in one organized place. Simply sign in or create an account on TheWineBuyingGuide.com and click on "My Wine" to see what wines you have stored. Adding a wine to your "Wine Cellar" is as simple as clicking on the icon below the name of the wine on any wine page!
How do I get a Winery Page on TheWineBuyingGuide?
If your winery has 5-10 wines featured on TheWineBuyingGuide, you are eligible for a winery profile on our site! These profiles provide an easy way for consumers to learn about your brand, and they list all of your wines on our site in one convenient place. For examples of what your profile will look like, check out the Winery profiles currently on TheWineBuyingGuide. We will need a short company bio and photo from you to get started. This is a great way to gain extra traffic to your blog or site! If you already have 5-10 wines on our site and would like a profile, just contact us.
Does TheWineBuyingGuide have eBooks, and how do I download them?
TheWineBuyingGuide has eBooks full of great ideas about wine, and they're completely free to download! These eBook PDFs can be saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference. You can find our latest eBook, The Complete Guide to Serving Wine, here.
You will need Adobe Reader to access our eBooks. You can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. For help downloading any of our eBooks, see our eBook Guide.
What are some other food and wine resources?
- Wine America
- American Wine Society
- Court of Master Sommeliers
- Wine Institute
- International Organisation of Vine and Wine
Do your sites contain any paid content?
Occasionally our links to bloggers will feature a recipe that was once free, but has since been made paid by the blogger. Rest assured, we are committed to providing fun content for our readers at no cost, but with many recipes available on our site, sometimes things slip through the cracks. If you come across something like this, please make sure that the blogger isn’t simply offering an ad-free paid version while still offering a free version. If this is not the case, please feel free to contact us to let us know which recipe is no longer available for free.
Site and Tech Support
Why do I see a pop-down screen when I visit TheWineBuyingGuide.com?
1. Click the hamburger/horizontal lines/application menu on upper righthand corner of browser
2. Select Settings.
3. Click the Privacy and Security tab.
4. Scroll to Cookies and Site Data.
5. Click the Manage Exceptions button.
6. Type “[SITE NAME]” and hit Enter on your keyboard to search.
7. Ensure “Allow” shows up next to the site’s name. If not, click the “Allow” button.
1. Click on the three vertical dots located at the upper right-hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.
2. Click the Privacy and Security tab.
3. Click the Cookies and Other Site Data button
4. Select ‘Allow all cookies’ (or ‘Block third-party cookies in incognito; opinions?’)
5. Remove; no more ‘done’ button.
1. Click on the three horizontal dots located at the upper right-hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.
2. Click ‘Settings.’
3. Click the ‘Privacy, search, and services’ tab, and then select ‘Balanced (Recommended)’
1. Click the gear icon located at the upper right-hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. In the ‘Block Cookies’ section, select ‘Never.’
*If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from TheWineBuyingGuide.
Why Can’t I Log In to TheWineBuyingGuide?
If you receive a message when trying to log in that says “We could not log you in. Please check your email and password,” first ensure that the email you used is entered correctly. When you’re positive it’s correct, try hitting “Sign In” again. If you receive the same message, try clicking the “Forgot Password?” link under the “Sign In” button, re-enter your email address, and click “Send Me My Password.” Be sure to check all of your inboxes, including your spam folder, for the email.
Should you never receive your email, please contact customer service so we can help you get back into your account.
Why am I Seeing Advertisements on TheWineBuyingGuide?
Like most websites, radio and television stations, we are supported by advertising. Advertising on our site and in our newsletters are typically placed by a national network such as Google, AOL/Verizon, or OpenX, among others. Often the ads you see are personalized based on your browsing habits. If you have any specific comments, questions, or concerns about a particular advertiser on FaveCrafts, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How do I Allow or Block Browser Push Notifications?
If you want to set up or disable browser push notifications, please visit this link to learn how.
Updated November 15, 2017